People with the following conditions can NOT take kambo:
- Serious heart conditions
- Had a stroke
- On medication for low blood pressure
- Current and severe epilepsy
- Addison’s disease
- Had a brain haemorrhage
- Had Aneurysms
- Active blood clots
- Lack the mental capacity to make the decision to take kambo
- Serious mental health problems excluding depression, anxiety and PTSD
- Under going chemotherapy and for 4 weeks afterwards
- Taking immune suppressants for organ transplant
- Breast feeding a child under 6 months old
- Major surgery within the last 8 weeks or the wounds have not healed yet
- Fast cycling bi-polar
- Have received the Bufo Mexican visionary toad medicine within the last 4 weeks
- Low cortisol levels
Please contact to discuss suitability for the following reasons:
- Taking immune suppressants for auto immune disorders
- Taking slimming or sleeping suppressants
- Active drug or alcohol addictions
- If you are taking prescription drugs, most are OK.
Please do not fast for 7 days before or after kambo.
Avoid colonics, enemas, liver flushes or any water/fluid based detox within 3 days of taking kambo.
Avoid alcohol or any drugs within 24 hours of a kambo treatment.
No food for 8 hours before a kambo treatment, herbal teas and water is fine on the day of Kambo but only enough to keep you hydrated
Copyright of Paul Murphy and Karen Uma Kanya Darke and IAKP. With thanks and respect to the Karen Darke and the IAKP for allowing the use of this information.